Friday, February 7, 2014

Frozen: My Ice Obsession



Am I obsessing a little over the ice that currently clings to the earth?  Perhaps I am, but the beauty of the ice is absolutely astonishing.  Trees are frozen, branches and boughs hugged by thick layers of ice and when the sun strikes, suddenly the trees are afire, glowing as sun glints off the ice.  Yesterday, after dropping my son off at school I could not resist the urge to grab my camera and take a walk.  The trees, embedded with thousands of tiny lights beckoned me, and though I knew I could never do their magnificence justice with my camera, I had to try.  Icicles hung everywhere transforming ordinary mundane bushes into an optical delight.  With camera in hand, indulging in the frozen water, the world stood still and momentarily all my cares and concerns were forgotten, lost amongst the splendor of my surroundings.  And the small things, the tiny pine needles and the berries hanging from bushes that I often miss, things I’m sometimes too busy to see were briefly all that mattered.  Drinking in the intricacy of nature, the simplicity of the ice there was nothing I missed, nothing too insignificant to notice.  I focused my camera and hoped that a handful of images would at least resemble the brilliance that drew me to them in the first place.









No comments:

Post a Comment